Thursday, June 5, 2008

Woe is Me!

I feel as far as the pregnancy thing goes I have been pretty easy going. I have only wanted to sell Cookie Monsters soul once for a brownie and had one major breakdown due to my inability to to grab tupperware from a bottom cabnet. This week has proved to be different. I have with mild effort tried to stay healthy during the pregnancy by cramming veggies and whole grains down my gulllet intsead of the cup cakes and BBQ I crave. I have also swam 3 times a week before my swim lessons in an effort to get some exercise. This Monday after doing my usual marathon hour swim and was mostly done doing the 2 hours of private lessons an old lady in the lane next to me grabbed my attention and asked a harmless little question about the Butterfly I answered it quickly and returned to teaching. The lady then Pipes up with " You know dear I was watching you when you were on the deck doing dives and you really would have a darling figure if you lost some weight". What news I thought! I wish I would have known this in Jr. High what a totally different life I might have led. I of course having a 7 year old little girl with in ear shot held back on what I thought might improve her faults and instead informed her that I was over 6 months pregnant and have done a very good job at maintaining healthy wieght gain. Instead of congradualting me and then making a quick exit she then decides it would be prudent to add that I still have to be very carefull because the last months are when you gain the most weight! Oh, the indignation!!! I would feel more sorry for myself but she has given me a good story. I have heard some good comebacks when I shared this story with my sisters and friends. Cincha said I should have told her that how you do Butterfly was by tying a heavy wieght to your feet and then stop breathing. she also suggested that I break into tears and say that I was doing the best that I COULD! My good friend Linda thought I should have said " ohh I didn't know that after you hit old age you could act so childish". I would love to hear your thoughts if you have anything to add

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could have said, at least my husband loves me. Yours had to up and die to get away from you.

Heather said...

I'm laughing so hard I don't know what to say!! :) Jenny I'm so sorry!
You are so beautiful & i love ya to death that's all that matters right!! :)
ooooh you could of said well I will have the cutest baby ever.... so take that!! :)

Bam Pah said...

How about: I can loose weight. rudeness on the other hand, goes on and on and on. Lady, you prove the old adage "beauty may be skin deep but ugly goes clear to the bone."

Missletoe said...

Where are the prego pics?