Friday, December 26, 2008

How I love my Cookie Bear


Digging for gold that Lays up Lady Liberty 's Nose


I am not sure What Cookie was looking for but he sure got a good look!

Blog warning the following message contains a sappy public thank you to my husband. If you have a weak stomach consider yourself warned!
I don't do this enough mostly because I think its cheesy but I do owe my sweet husband a public shout out for all that he does. These pictures were from our trip to New York City when Cookie and I were freshly engaged. We went to see his big brother Doug bless his first son. We had a great time sight seeing with the family but I must admit my favorite parts where we were on our own. The first night we flew in Cookie got us killer seats to Wicked and it was AMAZING! Later in the week we ditched the family and spent the afternoon bumming around the Met taking pictures of famous paintings and statues and getting in trouble with the Met's hall monitors. He patiently smiled next to every famous painting and artifact and did his bessed to blend in with the art work. It is one of many memories that make me giggle when I think about them. Cookie has worked hard to support our little family. When I was on maternity leave I did not recieve a single paycheck and Cookie kept bringing home the bacon and made ends meet without complaint. He is also responsible for ALL of our finances. I shiver to think what type of situation we would be in if I was the brains who worked the books. He is funny and smart and is the best daddy a baby could hope for. I love you cookie bear and count myself as the luckiest girl in the world!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen,
I will take the sappy,lovie stuff any day of the week. Matt is the BEST and I am so thankful that you are in his life to love him and care about him. There is nothing greater for a mother than to know, than that her son is loved and appreciated by those he loves most. So I guess that makes you the BEST also!!!! Love ya, Jo Mama

~kj~ said...

Ya we will take sappy, we are Nelson's we like a good cry now and then.....a happy cry!!! You two are great people and we love you guys. Hope 2009 is good to you and your families!

xoxoxoxo