Friday, July 25, 2008

T Minus......30


If you have taken a quick glance at our blog over the past few weeks you have definitely seen our baby counter - the days keep getting fewer and fewer. Well it was a surprise to me today to see it at 30 days and counting. We are one month away from the scheduled due date for our little guy and we are just curiously waiting to see what this whole having a baby thing really means.
I have been asked over the past couple of weeks, whether I am scared or not; the truth is I have no clue what to expect. I explained it to a friend of mine like this. It is like when a missionary is getting ready to leave for the MTC - you have a big to do list for something that is eventually going to happen, but because you have never been through it before all you can do is prepare the way people tell you to. You'll go buy clothes that won't be worn for a couple of weeks/months. You start stocking up on supplies that you have no idea about how long they will actually last. And, I assume, once you have arrived in the foreign land of "baby-town" everything is new - the food, the currency, the culture. It is just one of those things that until little K-man is here we won't know how to feel. ("K-man" is the first of many blog nicknames in the works)
In all honesty I feel like I am living in the movie world where I will get a call that Nerseys water has broke, I will race to either pick her up or go to the delivery room where it won't be but 10 minutes and the the boy will be here. I honestly am just trying to mentally prepare myself to respond to any situation with out freaking out. I mean unless Nersey has been gestating an alien baby I think we will be okay. There will be more experienced people around the Ners and I to help us out. In fact, and this will come as a shock to everyone, I have been a little apprehensive about any grandmas being in the delivery room - just because I think this will be a great opportunity for Nersey and I to bond and solidify the beginning of our family, but having Glamma there will be a welcomed relief. In fact, glamma lets make it a race; my Audi vs your new Lexus; last one to the delivery room makes the first cafeteria run!
I am so excited and can't wait to see Nersey enter the role of full-fledged motherhood; I know I will need her example on how to be a fantastic parent - but I am sure my efforts will pale in comparison. I love you Nersey.

No comments: