Thursday, January 8, 2009

Ghost of Thanksgiving Pasts

These our the brave young women that bared the long cold siberian days with me teaching children english. This was not at all an alturistic trip I wanted to see Russia the teaching kids part was just an interesting perk...cough. Not to be suprized we dressed up for Thanksgiving as Pilgrams and Indians. From Left to right Indians: Me, Mel, Queerst, Erika America. Pioneers: Lizzy... the head teacher COUGH, COUGH, sweet Becca, the old JennM and Edda

Finger licken good! Meat mainly came in 2 variety's spam and gray. Here we found a chicken at at the local open market that had been recently plucked (not very well though we still found feathers!) Interesting note here behind us is the kitchen window Queerst and I would throw handfuls of rice at each other when the other was walking below.

Queersten, Lizzy and my bad self found some Babushka froc's in a closet and put them on as quickly as our greedy little mits would let us! Unfortunetly we also found some old man Gangsta cloths that would have made Tony Soprano jealous unfortunitly a noticed as I was pulling them up I saw poop streaks EWWWWW! That ended our fun.


Me posing by the Amazingly clean toilet in the Czheck Republic. I could have eaten off of the disenfected toilet, Ericka America and I were in tears when we saw the very clean bathroom



Ericka America standing BAREFOOT in a Russian bathroom that probably has't been cleaned since Stalin was in rule. I would be more likely to were the poo stained shorts EWWWW!
Thanks for the memories girlies I had a lot of fun, we definitly need to get together some time! By the way who has the pictures of Liz tapped to the floor with Ericka and I stealing all of the ILP loot? I think my posterity could benefit from that little dandy.



9 comments:

Unknown said...

You deserve the best post of the new year award! Those were the days! Remember that clean toilet?! Ah... bliss. And I totally have that "loot grubbing" picture at home... I will send it to you! Or better yet, I will make a russian post and put it on there so you can copy it! Bwahahahaha! It looks like I have a weekend project! Oh I'm so excited!

Melanee said...

Ah the memories... The good news is, even after months of unsanitary bathrooms we all still looked gorgeous. And it will never matter how good a thanksgiving dinner is, it will never, ever, ever compare to that dinner in Russia, it was bliss! Now I think I'll have to post a few of my favorites, just to keep us bloggers all on the same page.

nersey said...

Thank you ladies I knew this would get some buzz on the old blog I look forward to what pic's you pick. Thank goodness we had Edda not only did she share her camera with me after mine was stolen but the pictures from the Hermatoge are my favorite. The thing I remember most about Thanksgiving was the celery. I don't think I have EVER been more excited about any food item in my entire life. To bad I have not felt that enthusiasm since. tee hee hee

Jenni S. said...

I laughed out loud at that post! I'd forgotten all about our Thanksgiving dinner with the awkward missionaries. Ah, good old Mother Russia. If there was one thing she was good for, she made us all realize how much better the US of A is. I saved the strip of paper that came on the Czech toilet that said "sanitized" for a long time:-) BTW, your little munchkin is adorable. Noah's 6 months now. How old's yours?

Edda Phillips said...

Ho-Ly COWWW! Awesome post, Nersey Fers. Every Thanksgiving after that I have mentioned it and how GOOD everything tasted. The hand-whipped-cream, the cheesecake, the turkey, the gravy which the Russians wouldn't touch, the hand-rolled pie crust, EVERYTHING!!! And the costumes totally made it, too. Hhhh, yes I think I am finally thinking happy thoughts about Russia. :) I'm glad you like the pictures. I have since moved on to a smaller, cooler digital camera now which I love. Although none of my pictures have quite the same charm they used to have with your scuzzy looks in them... ;) hehehe.

Edda Phillips said...

Oh, and yes, I saved the "Sanitized" paper strip as well. It is still lovingly glued into my Russia journal.

Missletoe said...

I am wretching over the barefoot WC pic. Did she have her feet amputated?

Kierstin said...

Just for putting my name as Queerst you can forget me sharing any swedish fish in the future.

~kj~ said...

Your the best thank you for letting me do that, I am so taking you up on that offer. We do need to hang out more!!!

xo