Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Seriously!?!?!?!

Warning the following blog contains TMI (TO MUCH INFORMATION) especially if you have a Y chromosome you really should stop reading here, just skip down to the cute post about Big Boy time and leave this on for the ladies. You have been warned don't come crying to me when you read something you never wanted to think about!

The funny thing about a blog warning is the people its intended for are still reading seriously...Last chance.

So this subject has been kicking around in my head for the last few months as I see this happening on more and more frequently when I go to the grocery store. The bagger usually makes some small talk about your purchase. About a year ago I went to get some Monastate for a ..ummm.. infection (remember you were warned)and the girl who was checking me through her line saw the medication and then went on to convey her sympathy for my then current condition, the girl was like 17 years old so I just nodded and smiled. The next time happened last spring I was standing behind a girl who had ice cream, diet coke and condoms, the checker was asking about her day and the girl said she had just finished finals and the checker said something to the effect of "ohh you must want to blow off some steam" the pay off came when the girl shot him a crusty and ripped the bag out of his hand and he muttered something about how he ment in general not about the purchase...Classic! One time at Costco right after we found out I was pregnant Cookie went to buy some prenatal vitamins and some condoms and the checker looked at his purchase and said to Cookie "don't you think its a little late for these" as he scanned the condoms, Seriously funny. Last night there I was at Dan's again buying some essentails for my little monthly friend and I had that 17 year old girl again talking about how THAT is just the worst! Thanks for sympathy honey but next time keep your yap shut! Why is there so much commentary on what your buying, why not just talked about something current happening in the world or about the Utes, something other then the embarrasing thing in my grocery basket? You would think that would be apart of their training. Am I the only one who notices this?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. That takes guts for the checker(s) to say anything! I mean it's okay if you go to the counter and say, "Man, I'm sure glad I bought this Monistat! I'm &$*&^@# down there!" Then maybe they can sympathize... but out of the blue? I don't think so! Unless I was the checker, then I'd get the *411 no matter where we were! But really, those people aren't me... and really...wow!

Tamaran said...

I remember you telling me about the one with the 17 year old. Seriously, funny! I've never had anything that bad. I really did get a kick out of the girl after her finals and Cookie and the prenatals. Classic! Thanks for sharing these--I totally needed a laugh!

~kj~ said...

I understand for the longest time I was so afraid to buy female things because I thought that the checker would make some nonsense remark. I love this blog and it's warning context. LOL!! You can always put a smile on my face!

Heather said...

lol :)
miss you. call me...

xoxo

Missletoe said...

Ya... that has never been a problem for me... New Englanders aren't really known for their small talk. But good luck on your condition! ...and since you bring it up, Cookie knows how it works, right (he he he)?

Mrs. Olson said...

You could say, No, Having a moron comment on my purchase is the worst. That is hilarious! At least if you're buying lube/condoms you're gtiing some and not asking paper or plastic?