Monday, April 12, 2010

Happy Happy Birthday Cookie Dear!



Now if you mind was blown by me celebrating my 27th Birthday just wait till you hear that Cookie is now 28. Just 2 more years till he is 30 and he has been prepping himself for his final 2 years of his twenties. So to commemorate this monumental occasion I give you 28 reasons why I love Cookie!
28. he is a fashionista, he has way more clothes and shoes then me.
27. Cookie is the premiere cookie baker in the house
26. he is a maniac in the yard, in fact he is so obsessed with our yard and his projects I have started calling him Hank Hill.
25. He is super funny
24. Cookie is the baby whisperer, when I was pregnant with K-Man we used to joke that he would need to be the one to take maternity leave because newborns freak me out!
23. He is a handsome devil
22. Cookie is the only person K-Man will let brush his teeth
21. He works super hard at work and loves what he does at the University of Phoenix
20. He can quote almost anything he he has every seen or heard
19. Cookie loves me 100% faults and all
18. He irons all of our laundry
17. He knows when I am not into cooking dinner and picks up the duty when necessary
16. He is a wonderful Daddy
15. Cookie is a great student and he has only missed one night of class since we moved to Texas
14. He is a fabulous teacher and public speaker
13. He tells K-Man and I that he loves us no less then 10 times a day
12. He does great impersonations
11. He gives the best hugs
10. Cookie is silly
9. He is a fabulous dancer
8. He also has a beautiful singing voice
7. He has the biggest heart of anyone I have ever known
6. He is always willing to change diapers and get up with our kids in the middle of the night
5. Cookie keeps a very tidy car and cleans mine when it starts to get messy
4. It was his idea to watch both Twilight and New Moon without any prompting from me.
3. He gives the most thoughtful gifts
2. Cookie is super creative
1. Whats not to love?

6 comments:

Heather said...

happy birthday matt~
ummmmm hope the yard behind him looks a lot better now! dang that texas sun! ;)
can't wait to see you in 2 weeks!

xoxo.

Anonymous said...

Matt,
Thanks for coming into my life 28 years ago. They have been filled with joy, laughter and tears, and I would not have it any other way!!
You are loved so much!!! Middle child and all:) Also thanks for marrying Jenny:)
XXXOXOXO
Mom

Tamaran said...

My thought process in reading this post:

Those pictures are so cute. Cookie and his little man-child.

28...that is old!! (I can say that, 29 is just around the corner for me)

Oh-oh-oh. I do miss Cookie's cookies (that sounds a little odd...but you get my meaning. We loved being your neighbors because we usually got a few.)

Who is Hank Hill?

19 is sweet. That is what love is about.

OMG! I thought Jon was the only crazy hubby that does 18! (isn't it wonderful! I detest ironing!)

I didn't realize he was going to school down there. And that is impressive. Some nights I have to threaten Jon to get him to go to class.

I can honestly say I've never seen him dance or heard him sing.

Does he know you posted #4?! (Jon did read the books with me)

Too cute.

Sorry, I don't know why I decided to share my thought process. Guess it is just my way of saying we miss you guys!

nersey said...

Tamaran, we miss you too! I will make you a deal you move to San Antonio and Cookie will make you cookies everyday. You and John are still our all time favorite neighbors! As for the ironing I think it is self preservation on his part because if I had to do it he would always have wrinkly shirts.

nersey said...

Oh and Hank Hill is from the cartoon King of the Hill the spin off of Beavis and Butthead. He is a crazy Texan obsessed with Texas, his yard and grilling. It is worth checking out.

Troy and Segi said...

Did you just say he irons all your laundry! okay..I love him too now:) What a MAN! Happy birthday Matt!