Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Me and my Moma Voted For Obama!!

From my earliest memories I knew I was first and foremost a Democrat. In fact I like to joke that my Dad had eight children in an attempt to out breed Republicans in Utah. When we were young children we would chant before dinner (even before we blessed the meal) U of U YEAH!!!! BYU BOO!!!... DEMOCRATS YEAH!!!! REPUBLICANS BOO!!! This was perhaps my dad's favorite sunday night ritual especially when Grandmother Smith would dine with us. This is my favorite day in November and look forward to slummin it to the polls and hoping against hope that maybe this year my guy might win. In fact I have voted in every election that Ihave been eligable to vote. I barely missed that crucial 2000 Bush/Gore vote and it has been a long eight years my friends. I am gratefull for our democracy and that we as Americans have the right, oppurtunity, and the responsiblity to vote. God Bless America!!!

3 comments:

Kierstin said...

How do you spell Momma? I see you haven't left your South Salt Lake Roots far behind.

nersey said...

Always the hater Querstin, it was late and I was excited but thank you I will spell check it for you next time. By the way why is roots capitalized?

Kierstin said...

I was in hurry at work. Also it's Queerstin.