Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mothers I love Part One


We are so fortunate in our Polywog family to have two wonderful Mom's that we turn to for love, guidance and emotional support. Today I write about my AMAZING Mother in Law Jo Mama and tomorrow I will post on Glama.
I met Jo Mama 6 years ago this June when I was just "casually" dating Cookie. Immediately she made me feel apart of her loud and crazy family. You might say it was love at first sight. Every Sunday that I went over to Cookies house she was covered in a swarm of Grand babies who adore her (which is still true today). She throws a mean Christmas that was full of tradition and celebration in fact pretty much every get together or party she hosts is full of tradition.
Jo mama also has one of the biggest hearts I have ever met. When we moved to Texas she took me under her wing. She worried and fussed over me, constantly checking and making sure I was adjusting to our new home state. We often linger together after dinner chatting about our day or in deep conversation about a good book. When we got the news that Grandpa BK was being called to serve for our country abroad we were sorry to see him leave but were thrilled to have Jo Mama move in with us. No one can believe that living with their Mother in Law is prime situation but in our life it has been a huge blessing. I refer to Jo Mama as my Texas best friend, she helps with house work, recommends excellent books and when she comes home from work K-Man and the Beans race to the door to greet her and she plays with them until I finish up dinner. When it is time for bed K-Man loves to snuggle up with her in the rocking chair drinking milk while she sweetly sings him lullaby's. Live in Grandmas are the best, Cookie and I are able to sneak off to a late night movie when K-Man is asleep and know that he is in excellent care. One of the most rewarding things about living with Jo Mama has been to see how much she loves our son and in return how much he adores her. We love you Jo Mama and we are so grateful to call you Mom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenny,
Now that I can see through my tears...I can tell you Happy Mother's Day!! Thank you for being such a WONDERFUL daughter-in-law. Thank you Susan for raising such a WONDERFUL daughter and thank you Matt for marrying her!!!
XXOXXO
JaMama