Saturday, May 15, 2010

What's not to love?

Can you believe this beautiful boy belongs to me? I love him more every second of every day. There are times he is a turkey or grumpy but he is always my little man. Every day his little brain grows and sucks up the world around him like a computer. I love seeing how different the world is in his eyes. Every day is a new adventure. K-Man is now putting together simple puzzles, learning shapes and repeating every thing we say. He has even learned how time out works, which we have had to start implementing since we returned from our recent trip to Utah. Even at his worst K-Man is the best. My mother always said that she never understood how much her mother loved her until she had a baby and it is so true. I hated to see K-Man leaving his infant hood but I love watching him turn into a little boy.
With the recent child abuse case in Utah I have been made hyper sensitive to how much I love my son and how grateful I am for him. I have been reminded that Cookie and I are not only responsibility but a sacred obligation to love, guide and protect him, we are so lucky to have him
and K-Man makes us better people.

2 comments:

Melanee said...

I'm with you on those sensitive feelings after the news of that little boy. Makes you want to just hold your child. He is adorable. While I love having a baby, I'm looking forward to those days with Cormac.

Mindurs said...

What a sweet blog. K-man is blessed to have such adoring parents. Little boys are tons of fun. Enjoy the adventure! Hugs from aunt Mindurs